As mentioned in the earlier "Ten on Tuesday" post, I believe we are knee deep in the terrible twos. I do think it is combination of several things that are contributing to this phase, but calling it the terrible two's just seems easiest.
Between school starting, sleeping issues, traveling, change in overall schedule and possibly talk of the new baby I think John is going through a tranistion phase right now. This includes testing boundaries, gaining independce and bravery and pushing buttons!
The majority of the time he is still my little angel and all he really wants his your attention. But then there are those moments of pure defiance that seem to overshadow the day and wear on my last nerve. I am making a strong conserted effort to maintain patience and a cool town of voice, but I have to admit that it is hard sometimes.
Time outs were working, but now he will go into the corner and talk and laugh and count. Does not seem to effect him anymore. Carl came up with something the other night in response to one of his bed time hitting fits that has really seem to make a breakthrough and is getting through to John. Taking toys away, and having to earn them back. He really responds to this and then when he earns it back he is so proud of himself.
Still a work in progress, but a step in the right direction.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























1 comment:
Hi!!! How are you feeling these days? Hope you're back to 100% :) I showed Amelia your new picture and she just smiled really big and said, "That's John!" So cute. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment