2:10, 5:30 - night feedings, pretty typical, a little longer stretches tonight!
6:00 - Matthew is grunting for quite a while. I sure hope he does not think 6:00 is time to wake up, although that seems to be the pattern. I type up yesterday's blog and start today's while I have some coffee and Carl is getting ready. I cherish my morning time with no kiddos, if Matthew things 6:00 is time to get up, then I am going to have to get up even earlier... then I wonder if I will cherish sleep even more. :)
7:00 - Matthew starts to grunt again. I go up and watch Matthew for about 15 minutes while he grunts. He is asleep, has no idea I am there. When he grunts, he lifts his legs up, wiggles for about 5 seconds. Then silence for about 3 minutes, then repeat until he stays silent for longer (around 7:30). I get ready, and tootle around the house a bit doing odds and ends.
7:45 - both boys up at the same time. Yeah! (no sarcasm) Although I love my kid-free time...I really do miss them when they sleep. Get them both downstairs (told John the Easter bunny left him something which ended up being two books about Easter) and John eating (toast with PB, Greek yogurt and orange juice) while Matthew playing in his mat. This is favorite time in his mat, he talks and coos and smiles and laughs.
8:20 - feed Matthew and then swing time (asleep in 5 minutes). John and I go upstairs and we do Easter egg hunts.
9:15 - pump while John is upstairs playing with this Rio toys.
9:30 - play legos upstairs with john, have snacks, play with dinosaurs and kitchen, draw on the wall.
11:00 - 11:15 - Matthew wakes up, we try to play with upstairs but he just isn't happy. I change his diaper and feed him.
11:15 - he eats A TON, and then falls asleep in the swing in 2 minutes while I make lunch for John (chicken noodle soup, whole grain crackers, cheese and turkey roll ups)
12:30 - John is done eating (not one bite of soup actually made it down to his belly), and feeling worse, so I give him some meds. we head upstairs to play a bit before nap.
1:00 - Both boys down for nap.
1:30 - I have a couple of neighborhood ladies over to work on a project.
3:00 - 4:00 Matthew up to eat. John up about 3:30.Matthew and I go up there and John makes up a game. I had to help it along a bit, but he was LOVING making up his own game. It involved a blanket, a dog, a walrus and 2 toucans. Daddy home because I have to take John to the Dr. We sort of play hand off with Matthew for a while so that we can get John ready to go.
4:00 - 5:00 - John and I out the door to get dry cleaning and go to Dr. Bill. John likes going to the Dr. now. He does everything by himself and answers all the Dr. questions. It is so cute and sad at the same time because he is growing up.
Sounds like Matthew was awake the whole time we were gone and the time was spent trying to get him not to cry. I think these two are still figuring each other out. :) I do think Matthew is a little particular about his holds, positions, desire for paci, etc. and he will tell you about it when it is not right.
5:00 - 6:00 - cooking and eating dinner. "Glorious mess" adapted from a neighbors recipe. Basically a lightened up chili (without chili seasoning) or a stew type thing. Ground beef, pinto beans, tomatoes, and then I put in celery, carrots and corn. All with just the juices from the cans.
6:00 - 7:30 Matthew is up to have a little dinner of his own. Then I take John to bath and then back down to do chores and clean the kitchen. Daddy is hanging with Matthew, he is in and out of sleep on his lap.
7:30 - I try to put Matthew down without feeding him. 20 minutes later I hear "Mama, Mama. I just wanted to check on you" in the sweetest whisper voice ever. In comes my precious big boy. I love him. Matthew was not giving it up easily, so I took him in with us to say goodnight to John, John liked having all 4 of us in there.
8:00 - 8:30 - feed Matthew and put him down with no pacifier, just like in the middle of the night... went to sleep and did not wake up until midnight!
AN EVENING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment