Note the time stamp on this is Thursday - yesterday evening did not go as planned....
Wednesday
1:20 and 4:20 night feedings. pretty typical, 30 minutes, ate good.
6:00 - wake up call, but I just hold the pacifier for a bit and he falls back asleep.
6:15 - 7:00 - Carl is up, I am packing lunch (turkey and cheese, frozen gogurt, strawberries, sack of little oat cereals)
7:00 - 7:30 - feed Matthew, change diaper get him ready
7:30 - 8:30 - while I am waking up John, Matthew is in his swing. Get John up and eat, he was in an exceptionally good mood. I was loving this and hoping it meant it was going to be a good day! After breakfast, we played with Matthew in his play mat, colored, and then I pumped while John watched a show and played and Matthew was with me in his bouncy thing.
8:30 - 9:00 out the door to drop off dry cleaning before school.
9:00 - play on the floor with Matthew, then his swing, change clothes and diaper, then holding him. he can't quite seem to decide what he wants this morning.
9:45 - eat and then swing
10:10 - 12 - Matthew sleeps while I work on my projects, to-do lists, clean, shower and get ready.
12 - 12:45 - walking, holding, cuddling with Matthew while he has some serious gas and poops.
12:45 - 1:15 - eat and cuddle
1:15 - 2:00 - get Matthew and I ready and out the door to stop by the store for a couple of things. Then on to school to get John. Today, when I got there he was playing with Carson and a dinosaur puzzle.
2:00 - 3:00 - John is SUPER snotty and I can tell he does not feel well. He has a snack (whole grain crackers) and watches Babar: The Prince of Badou while I sit with him and hold Matthew. Matthew falls asleep briefly, John and I try to play upstairs, but Matthew wakes up. Both the boys are crying for me. This was the first time this has happened and I have had no Daddy here to help. It was a SUPER guilty feeling.
3:00 - 4:30 - feed Matthew and he falls asleep, so I put him in his swing. He fights it (happily though), but eventually falls asleep. I go up and play Chicken Blaster with John on the TV. Can't remember why, but he throws a fit and starts screaming... guess what...Matthew woke up. I go downstairs and have both boys crying for me again. My nerves are a little frazzled at this point. Matthew and John are both super cranky. So I spend this time trying to balance the two of them, hard job.
4:30 - Daddy is home early.. WHEW.. my night in shining armor! He brought John these little Rio movie toys (not necessarily an appropriate reward for how he was acting today, but Carl likes to buy him things when he is sick :)) . John was loving those on the kitchen floor for awhile.
5:00 - 5:30 - make dinner (Beef and Broccoli over wheat noodles for us and spaghettio's, cheese, whole wheat bagel with honey and strawberries for John (I know, random))
5:30 - 6:00 - I give Matthew a bath. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike giving newborns a bath. I do not remember being able to tolerate it until John was sitting up and in that inflatable bath thing. Not sure why I dislike it so much, but I do. Matthew has gotten a lot better, he only screams at the end now.
6:00 - FIRST BOTTLE FROM DADDY! He did great, not even a blink of an eye. He at 4 oz like it was nothing. And he had minimal over flow spit up, so maybe he is ready for 5 already.
6:00 - 7:00 - I am upstairs playing with John, it was nice to have uninterrupted time with him. We had fun, which was nice since he was having a rough day and I was praying for patience a lot. Then he gets in the bath and take some medicine for his fever, cough and runny nose.
CHORES - I had forgotten to post this on Monday, and we forgot to get our magnets on Tuesday, but this is a big part of our evenings now... he has the Melissa and Doug responsibility/chore chart that we have been using for about 4 weeks now. He picks his chores every Sunday and then in the evening, we talk about the day and decide if he has done them all and if he gets a happy face magnet for that day. He has yet to get all chores done every day all week, so we have not gotten a prize yet. I have several in the closet, ready to go. SO, I decided that this week is going to be softballs and he will get them all, so he can see what it is like to get the prize at the end of the week. I think it is working pretty well, the first wee we did it, one of his chores was to clear the table... since then, he does it on his own about 50% of the time or he will do it immediately and happily if I remind him 100% of the time.
7:00 - I try to top of Matthew and put him down. 30 minutes later he is still staring at me with bright eyes. I am not going to make myself crazy over bed time like I did with John. SO, he cam downstairs and had some swing time. Seriously, the kid did not fall asleep until 9:30 in my arms on the couch. Thus the reason for the blog a day late. :)
10:00 - feed Matthew and put him down with no fuss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment