Friday, April 13, 2012

Day to Day Differences

Some day to day comparisons of my two little angles...

- Matthew will set and let me cut his finger nails without twitching once. I used to have to trick John or do it while he was asleep for fear of snipping off a finger during the wrestle match that had to happen.

- John was (and still is) my little cuddle bug at pretty much any point during the day. I get cuddles from Matthew after he is asleep or if he is in a room with people he does not know.

- Pretty much the same eaters at 1 year old, but Matthew eats more. They both go/went though phases of being picky or not and the volume of food. Overall I am pretty blessed with decent eaters.

- Matthew plays more independently than John did, although I think he is has to more often than John did too.

- John almost had a full head of teeth by 1 year old, but Matthew has 4 that are fully in and 2 peeking their heads out. They both had the same gap in their front two teeth before more came in and pushed it together.

- Matthew has a little darker hair, but less of it than John did.

- They are/were both signing several words including "eat", "milk","more", "dog", "all done", "book" and we have added "Daddy" and "brother" for Matthew.

- They only walked a month apart from each other, John at 10 months and Matthew at 11 months.

- Matthew is still facing backwards in the car, as John was flipped around the day he turned 1 year old. The new regulations have changed saying that they should stay rear facing until they are 2. I am not sure we will last that long, but as long as John is in the third row and Matthew is in the 2nd row Matthew is perfectly happy and entertained.

- John could be distracted by TV for a little while at this age, but I am not sure Matthew has ever even looked up at the TV yet.... hmmm???

- Oh my, just read back to John's 13 month... he was "talking" a lot in comparison! Matthew will bark like a dog and say "da-da" for just about anything. That is it.... I need to talk with him more! He has not idea what an ear, eye, belly or elbow is, apparently John knew all of this....

- physically, Matthew is a bit shorter and heavier. I think John has Carl's body type and I think Matthew will have mine.

- Matthew sleeps less at night but takes longer naps during the day.

1 comment:

Summer said...

nice! cracking me up with the constant eating for MJ, claire is the exact same way. if she could, she would eat a little something every 30 min all day long.