Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A week in the life: 4 year old and 13.5 month old

6:00 - I hear MJ, but turn the monitor off, he has gotten into a habit of falling back asleep until 7:30 or so.

6:45 - no luck. Carl gets up (he leave late today so that he can see the boys this morning because he will get home after bed tonight) I get up and get him breakfast (ham, strawberries, yogurt and a cereal bar). I have coffee, dog, fix John's lunch (turkey and cheese, strawberries and blue corn chips).

7:30 - John literally crawls down the stairs. He seems to have a pulled muscle or something in his left quad. He lays in the floor and pouts while MJ things it is a game and tries to climb on him and play peek a boo (pretty funny to me, but not John!)I get him some Tylenol and carry him into the table.

8:00 - Daddy leaves and John is eating breakfast (home made french toast sticks that I froze a week or so ago). We do his word strip for school. This week it is the letter "Y" so he picks "Yak". After breakfast he searched the google images and finds a picture of a yak that he prints, cuts and glues on the word strip and writes the word. I get ready while Matthew toddles around in the bathroom and living room and John watches Diego.

8:45 - Out the door to drop John off. He hobbles into school, but seems as he walks in the classroom. Matthew and I head to Little Gym.

9:30 - Little Gym. This is Matthew's 4th time to go and he is getting better and better each session. This time he actually turned around and faced the group in circle time instead of burying his head. Very little tears this time and lots of clapping. A few more times and I think he will love it.

10:30 - home and time for an early lunch. Grilled cheese sandwich (ate the whole thing), BBQ beans (two bites) and left over cauliflower and cheese (3 bites).

11:00 - book and nap. he is just now starting to be still and listen to books. I am trying to read more and more with him because I feel like I started so late with him and he does not have the interest in books that John does.

11:00 - 1:40 - work for an hour or so, type this blog, clean up house, play date preparations, emails, try to schedule Lowe's to come out and put in a pull back screen door, sort socks and laundry, steamed apples for MJ afternoon snack, put in John's other car seat to pick up Garrett, started hash browns to make breakfast bubble biscuits (huge hit and easy to make a lot and freeze).

1:40 - 2:15 - pick Matthew out of bed and plop him in car seat. Head to school to get bother and his friends for play date at our house.

2:15 - 4:45 - play date. Three of John's friends came over to play for a bit. Activities included, bounce house, balloon rockets, roly poly hunting, feet in the pool, video games, snack, coloring, random playing with toys. Overall it was a hit. Matthew and I sort of just tagged along and had a great time. John is good with his friends, although he gets his feelings hurt so easily.





4:45 - 6:00 - walk up to Kroger in our double stroller for bread and dinner. BAD dinner choices and it was awful tasting, so I pulled really random stuff together to fill their bellies. Fruit, granola bars, lunch meat, cheese, prunes, etc.

6:00 - 6:30 - baths. both boys like baths so that makes this part of the day one of my favorites. Matthew is actually only in the bath about 5 minutes, but then John stays in for a long time while Matthew and I waller around in his room and get it picked up. Matthew was handed out the love and giggles tonight and I was eating it up!

6:30 - 7:30 - John watches Peppa Pig and then Mike the Knight. Matthew explores the living room and kitchen and swings by to grab a bite of banana from me at the sink every now and again. Everyone seems happy. I am in and out of the living room playing and talking to Grammie on the phone and cleaning, cutting coupons, etc.


7:30 - Bed for Matthew, seamless.

8:00 - Teeth, potty, diaper, book, bed for John (with 1 sock on his foot so that his boo-boo from yesterday won't bother him. Yep.). We are on our second round of "The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name". It is a chapter book and we read one or two every night.


8:20 - Carl is at a work event, so I am on my own. I water the trees out front and the new plants out back, pick up, laundry, blog, plan tomorrow, work a bit, pinterest a bit. bed time 10:00. :)

1 comment:

Summer said...

we do the sock on the one foot with boo boo very often too. and i feel like k gets her feelings hurt so easily. and i feel like c is not nearly as into books as k was or is. many similarities here. does john like that storybook bible?