8:45 - 9:20 - Drop John off and then head to Lowe's only to figure out while in the car that I forgot my wallet....back home.
9:20 - 10:30 - Me and Matthew time. He has a snack (a wheat hot dog bun, what do you do?), we play in the kitchen and "wrestle" in the living room, he plays with the remotes and magazines, we play out back for a bit and then upstairs for a bit.
10:30 - lunch. scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach, blueberries and crackers.
11:00 - 12:30 - book and nap. Note that this was only about an hour and half. I sat for a minute and watched last nights "New Girl" and then twiddled around on the internet trying to talk myself into getting up. I thought I at least had another hour to get stuff done....
12:30 - 12:45 - My little precious decides it is time to get up and I let him talk praying that he will go back down.
12:45 - 1:00 - I go up there and try to cuddle in a chair with him to see if he will go back to sleep. No luck.
1:00 - Downstairs to make breakfast bubble biscuits (linked yesterday) while Mathew explores the kitchen and dining room.
1:40 - Out the door to get John and pick up a birthday cake ball from Starbucks for him (okay, me too).
2:00 - get John and head to Lowe's for the 2nd time. Set up an installation of a phantom screen door for the back door, get three bags of dirt and two more plants. On the way out of the parking lot I noticed smoke coming from one of the grassy areas. When I got out to look at it, it was a grass fire and it was super windy. I pulled the car out of the way and called 911. I could have gone inside, but by the time I got both kids out the car and got inside it would have been a long time. So John got to witness a 911 call. He thought it was pretty cool.
All of us played out back for a long time and I planted a few more pots and plants in the back. It is so shaded back there and pleasant right now. I am going to miss that as soon as it is blazing hot!
They both had a snack (cheese crackers for John and an oatmeal muffin (made on Monday) for Matthew with milk.
We also play upstairs with some music instruments (homemade by John) and the tool bench. LOTS of noise!
4:45 - can't hold MJ off any longer. Downstairs for dinner. Hot dogs, mangoes, apples, green beans.
5:00 - 6:15 - back outside for more playing with bubbles and planting.
6:15 - baths for the boys, they had a good time today laughing and splashing. I took this picture, they look so different! Matthew was getting TIRED after bath, I think his 1.5 hour nap is catching up with him. See the crank in his face when I tried to get a monkey towel picture.
Time for me to shower! John watched Dora and MJ had another snack (apple/strawberry stick things) and milk and played with the glass shower door as I threw water on it.
6:45 - I blog while the boys play in the living room and place chase. I LOVE when they giggle at each other.
7:15 - Bed time for Matthew, but a little trouble tonight. I let him fuss while John finishes Mike the Knight and then we play in the living room for a bit. I go up and soothe Matthew back to sleep, but only to wake up as soon as I am back downstairs. I put John to bed about 7:45 and by that time Matthew has fallen asleep on his own.
8:00 - I go out and water the newly planted flowers and pick up out back a bit. Then I have a hard time finding motivation, so I sit on the couch and watch TV and then head to bed about 10. Carl gets home shortly thereafter and wants to go cuddle with John. He falls asleep up there and comes down sometime in the wee hours of the morning. :)



























3 comments:
Mathew is beyond adorable and looks so much like you it is crazy. I fully relate to getting to the store only to realize you don't have your wallet. Did that with Zane around that age at target only I was in the check out line so had to go home and go right back to pay for my stuff. The worst!!!!!!
they look SO DIFFERENT in those bathtub pics! wow! and way to go good samaritan.
Audra - you think so? I do not see it, I think he looks like exactly himself and not another sole in our family. :)
Summer - I KNOW! I have to wonder if they will resemble each other as the chunky cheeks go away, but I doubt it. They are so different.
Post a Comment