Friday, April 27, 2012

A Week in the Life: 4YO and 13.5MO (Friday)

6:45 - MJ is up and extremely ready for the day while I am extremely ready for a cup of coffee. I make whole wheat pancakes from my stash. Follow link and keep this in your pantry! feed the dog, feed the baby, drink coffee.

7:30 - Carl is getting ready to leave so he goes up to wake up John to tell him goodbye. John eats and then watched Ni Hao Ki Lan and plays while Matthew plays with the soccer ball the blinds.

8:30 - I shower and Matthew plays with the glass door and all the bubbles. I tell John that we are going to go on an adventure but we have to get responsibilities done first, so we go upstairs and the boy picks up like I have never seen him pick up before. He REALLY wanted to go on an adventure.

9:30 - we get in the double stroller armed with a cardboard egg crate and head down the street to meet our neighbors to go on a nature hunt. The boys (all 4 of them) had a good time. It was a SUPER slow walk and we looked at almost e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e. roly poly that we found and examined a hundred rocks and leaves and flowers until he picked out what he wanted to keep in his "treasure box". The walk was cut a little short when Corbin sliced open his toe (the boy had been fighting his shoes all morning and then Emily finally let me go without and look what happened! If only he was old enough to learn the lesson. :)) so we headed back.







10:45 - played outside with bubbles, I made a grocery list and the boys chased each other for a while.

11:15 - I can not longer ignore Matthew's constant sign for food. I make him a grilled cheese sandwich and a prune and John has a turkey and cheese sandwich with oranges and carrots. while they are eating I clean up the glass lid that Matthew shattered in the bathroom earlier today (don't ask how he got it because I am still unsure) and complete my dinner and grocery list. I give Matthew some Tylenol, he is drooling like crazy and whimpers every bite he puts in his mouth.

12:15 - nap for MJ and Mike the Knight for John and I. Then play dough (lots of fun today for me and it usually is not due to my lack of creativity) and then that Pirate hunt game that he loves so much. He was sorely disappointed when we could only play it once, but I could only find like 5 clues. I need to ask Johanna where the rest are.

3:00 - Matthew is up and I make them both a shake with Carnation instant breakfast, a banana, peanut butter, milk and ice. They both slurp it down in a hurry (I should have made more). John also has some cheese bunny crackers and I give Matthew those fiddle sticks.

3:30 - we head to the dry cleaners and store, but before I am through 2 stoplights John is asleep. Matthew is a great car rider, so I just turn on the radio and drive slow and enjoy some music and nice weather. I decide to drive to the far away grocery store that has fresher produce due to the peace and quiet. Get what we need, but it takes a long time because I do not know the store layout well and I double back several times. Ugh!

4:30 - home and Matthew needs a snack so I give him a baby rice bar thing. I start dinner a shrimp pasta (it was good, but not healthy and super rich). John is playing his Angry Bird board game thing and Matthew is exploring as usual.

5:15 - Carl is home and dinner is ready (this timing NEVER works out). Everyone eats it except Matthew. :( He gets a squeeze pouch after dinner. I clean the kitchen while the boys play in the living room. I join them after awhile and then me and the two boys head upstairs and take turns burying each other in the stuffed animals.

6:45 - Matthew wants to eat again, so of course John does too. I give them both an oatmeal muffin thing (cooked and froze on Monday I think). Then we make more crayons and play hide and seek and wrestle in the living room until bed time.

7:30 - bed for Matthew, no problems. John and Daddy watch Whale Wars.

8:00 - bed for John. Tonight we are reading "Dinosaurs Before Dawn". It is a chapter book he picked out the last time we were at the book store. He cuddles super close to me and gets a little freaky at sounds while we are reading it, but it is not really scary. I think he just anticipates it might be.

8:30 - I manually run the sprinklers because we have some leaks, and we can only water on trash days. TV time, talk time, bed time.

No comments: